Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Trying to find creativity... Mosaic Vase

I am having a real dry spell it seems lately. I don't seem to feel like doing much but I know I need to, so I determined the way to bring me out of it was to do mossaic. Mosaic is a tension reliever for me nand this vase is my end result. Its a vase my mother gave me years ago, she had purchased it for a few dollars at Woolworths. She used to buy lots of gifts at these stores that are really about giving a gift rather than about buying something a person wants or needs. So she would come over frequently, and always have many gifts in her hands. It was overwhelming with the amount of items she would show up with, and kind of makes you a horder if you hold on to all of them. The problem of getting rid of them all is that its a gift from your mother! This vase I kept though because it had a great shape but I didn't care much for the pheasant on it.

The tiles are irregular van goghs I purchased online from Happycraftn's Mosaic Supplies. I used elmers glue to adhere them and  "Premixed Ceramic Tile Adhesive and Grout" from Home Depot to grout it. The tiles are very cool because they are very light weight, I also did the same on top of a small stool and the only added weight was from the grout.

I also added a few glass pieces (dollar store) and half marbles (happy crftns).. although I should have added many more.  I also didn't really photograph the best angle!

So.. this mossaic is not very creative but it helped get me out of my funk a tiny bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment