Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Mini home-made clip it

This is my home-made clip it. I saw this somewhere on the net and its quite handy. These things are pricey to buy, although I did see one at Michaels for about 28 bucks, mine is more charming and cost me a buck since all I had to buy was the lampshade.

I made mine with an old candlestick, a tiny lampshade, a cork and some paper clips.  My bling, charms etc go in tiny bags that I clip on with large paper clips... the smaller ones do not work well. I like this because it sits on my desk with many things that I am always looking for. I still have tons of supplies all around me in boxes and such, this is just to have some things handy so I don't have to dig.
I picked up two old wooden lamps on the street with  beautiful shades, may make a floor or table clip with one of them. It would be much larger and would be able to hold large papers and things like that. I could be so organized! And if I actually had a practice space that I could keep things in all the time, it would be perfect there as well. I would gut the lamp, replace it with a wooden dowel. You want the lampshade to be able to turn and not tip off. There are lots of tutorials on the net how to do this, go witht the simplest!
My problem is destroying a perfectly good lampshade and finding a place to put my finsihed clip it when its done. I have no space, but... maybe if I had a huge clip it I could have more space... hmmm.
 .

Add caption


No comments:

Post a Comment