Sunday, February 19, 2012

Simple little book, easy binding!

 
I made this little book the other day after seeing a technique for binding. It took about a minute to make and a tad longer to decorate.
I happen to have a bunch of scrap paper (you know how people have legal size paper they cut down to letter size, I steal their scraps)
I made this book from those scraps, a couple of safety pins and two atc's I had colored the other day with alcohol ink.  The book has about 32 pages.  you can make it by folding the paper in half, and putting a safety pin top and bottom. After you have a few signatures you will feed a ribbon through it. I taped my ribbon to the inside cover.. for a clearer explanation here is a video tutorial.
For a youtube on how... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm9VXxiyZV8 ...

For decorations I used one of my homemade feathers, it was real easy to re-work it and make it into two small feathers (takes like ten seconds and a wire cutter) Also used the sample off holtz ruler ribbon (I am thrifty) some ball chain (which I now have tons of) a holtz sprocket and another sproket I made myself from shrinky dink, an old key, negative, gems and a milagro.

No comments:

Post a Comment