Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Button stack paper flowers


This is something I saw on pinterest, and the only way i am going to deal with my pinterest obsession is to make every thing I like on there which will surely drive me crazy.

So I saw these cute button flowers... Basically its a paper flower sandwiched by a few colorful buttons, and sewed through, tied off on top.  I started that way and found putting the string through the buttons quite tedious, so I began to cheat. I strung the string through one or two buttons, and glued them on the flower.
I like having another button below because it gives the flower height.
The only thing (I think) I did differently than what I saw was   I gave the pedals a little pinch and then doused them all with a mixture of "Deco art multi purpose sealer" and "gold "Pearl Ex" pigments so they would look less bumpkin... although they still do.. have to do something else to them...hmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment