Friday, January 25, 2013

Journal.. its crazy

I guess there are some people  who have no trouble keeping up with their blogs, I am not one of them. If someone asked me when is the last time I posted I would have said about 3 weeks ago.. but alas it has been 3 months.

I am going to have to blame my lack of bloginship on Hurricane Sandy. It was a very bad time for us and it seemed like even when it was over, I was still going on in my head  And mind you nothing tragic happened to us. No real damage to speak of, just no power for ten days and it was freezing every day. That last day night was a doozy though I was all bundled up in front of the fire, it was 53 degrees in my living room. I just wanted a cup of tea or anything hot, and then suddenly the lights came on. I cried. I feel like such a big baby. I have friends who have lost their homes and cars and me... I was just too cold for too long. Plus there was this incident with a sweater at the firehouse... won't even go there now. 
But the whole outage, it was expensive. We couldn't keep any refriegerator food, the fridge was the warmest spot in the house. No stove, and people keep telling you to do stupid things for food, like cook it and store it outside. It was too cold and there are animals out there! Geeze we can't even have an outdoor pond without the raccoons taking up arms. We were able to get hot food after the second day, roads were being cleared and we could use our cell phones if we drove about a mile, but it was oh so awful. I have not wanted to sit in front of a fireplace since the blackout ended, I never want to smell smoke again.

So now I am getting back to doing artwork. I worked on my journal again, still not feeling it but here is what I did.
 I've been heavily into stapling lately.. not sure why but I suspect I am letting out a bit of anger. The above are mostly stamps and such that came in a recent swap I hosted. But I had also bought these advertising pins on ebay recently and I thought they would look swell in a collage... and they do. You can almost see them on the left side next to the old man.

Yep.. more stapling. The card was a little add on gift from the swap I just did, its lovely card. I felt like " mis laying" them.. thats why they are placed a bit oddly.

No comments:

Post a Comment