Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Stained glass lilly

I did this piece a long while back. It was one of the easiest to cut in stained glass. I wanted to photo it and put it here since my cat keeps slapping it against the window. It has 3 or 4 cracks in it now, don't know if it will last.  I only do stained glass in the summer because I cut in the basement (its cold) and I solder outside on my ironing board when its not too hot. Plus, I have to be in the mood!

I wear old gloves that have the finger tips cut off and I wear masking tape on each finger. But for some reason when I clean up I tend to rip off the gloves and tape then swoosh the fine particles of glass off the table and into my hand...  which is not a good idea. Oddly, sharp glass cuts are not that painful.

Cutting glass is very satisfying. I wish I could have done this type of work with my psych clients because I know they would enjoy it. The end results tend to be really nice if I don't try to cheat

No comments:

Post a Comment