Monday, February 18, 2013

Bottle Fairy Pez


So I took my love of fancy smancy bottles and made it into a Fairy Bottle Pez dispenser. I was at the Pizzeria the other day with my lovely daughter and we had both ordered ice tea. Hers came in a nice heavy glass bottle, mine in a flimsy plastic one. I loved the shape of my bottle but decided when I got home hers was the best choice for this..otherwise I would have to add weight to my flimsy one.
So.. I decided to post a few pictures as I went along..  here they are!
I used this tea bottle, this pez, tape, dap, paint and lots of embellishments. That tool was used to clip off the pez feet so he would fit in the bottle, and to clip the shanks off the buttons and the circle hanger off several charms.

I used masking tape to secure him inside the bottle, I later covered it with DAP.
This is after I pained the bottle white (and the pez) with Gesso. I added many buttons and seashells gluing them on with the DAP. It may be a better idea to use a real glue.. but its holding. I later covered the rest of the bottle with DAP to give it more texture before adding more buttons etc.I also added a layer of wash to see how these guys looked being all the same... and I liked it!

So here I added more buttons and charms. I tried to develop a front since the Pez is secured in there permanetly. I covered the head in DAP, added a premolded face, a seashell crown and wings on the ears.

I added big shells and more buttons to the base because I wanted it to be chunkier. I put little bits of DAP on some of the smoother button surfaces to give them texture.
I then added tiny paper flowers on the top, gluing them on with dap... painting everything with gesso again.
I think she looks pretty good...I have added many acrylic washes to her by now I won't mind keeping her on my end table filled with tasty Pez. Chances are though I will change something on her again very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment